Necklaces, rings, earrings, and other one-of-a-kind pieces made from a rainbow of beautiful gemstones abound in the jewellery world. Many are made of natural stones, and others are made of human-made substitutes, some of which are more brilliant and beautiful than the real thing. The demand for gemstones has increased in recent years because of the style statement they add to your personality. But when investing in expensive gemstones, you are worried about the credibility and originality of the stone. Herein comes the role of a certified gemstone or you can buy certified gemstone which is evaluated by a gemstone expert, carefully increasing the reliability and trust in the gemstone that you buy. You might have heard people who enjoy wearing fine jewellery about GIA. The Gemological Institute of America, headquartered in California, is your go-to source for information about all things about gemstones. It handles a massive amount of work every day, from gem identification and diamond grading to running various educational programmes. However, GIA's primary purpose remains simple: to safeguard sellers and buyers by creating and maintaining the guidelines used to evaluate gemstone quality.
Nowadays gemstone buying guide has made things quite easy and simple furtther investing in a genuine and lab certified gemstone are some conventional factors to consider while purchasing a gemstone.
What is a certified gemstone?
A gemstone certificate is issued by a gemological laboratory that has been licensed. Some gemstone certificates only confirm the authenticity and weight of the gemstone. Others, especially in the case of diamonds, will specify colour and clarity grades. A credible certification should be performed by a third party who is not involved in the transaction. The seller may sometimes provide a self-proposed "guarantee of authenticity," but this is not deemed good practice in the industry. By ensuring that every certification is performed by a third party (not the buyer or the seller), the buyer gains additional confidence in the certificate’s integrity. A gemstone laboratory will be used by certified gemstone traders in the USA to place the gemstone into consideration through a series of precise and exact tests to arrive at a final ruling. If necessary, the grade is given to the stone.
How Certified Gemstone is different from SSEF Certified Gemstones?
SSEF Certified Gemstones are laboratrty tested gemstones. SSEF is a leader in colored gemstones, pearls and diamond. Most of the B2B Industries order directly from SSEF. Iris Gems is a trusted dealer of SSEF certified gemstones since 1985, One can directly purchase SSEF certified Gemstones Online in USA.
The Gemological Institute of America (GIA) protects all gemstone buyers and sellers by setting a higher standards to evaluate gemstones or crystalls quality. Thus in order to prevent fake purchase make sure to buy certified gemstone from authorized dealers.
Which gemstone certification is considered the best?
Suppose you are aware of the business offering the certificate. In that case, you can feel at ease asking jewellers or industry professionals if they know the company and what their experiences have been. Not all certificates are produced equally. You should be certain that your certifying agent is unbiased and not engaged in the buying process. In terms of gemstone certification or certified gemstone there are many labs like GIA, Gubelin, SSEF, AGL and GRS, which offer GRS Certified Gemstones, Gubelin Certified Stones etc.
- SSEF - The most flexible identification document is the SSEF Test Report, which is provided for mounted gemstones, pearls, jewellery, lots of gemstones, synthetic or fake material. Rough stones are not reported by SSEF, and the organisation reserves the right to refuse to report those objects. Both laboratory gemologists have received scientific and gemological training and work with a high degree of expertise and honesty. The laboratory is outfitted with cutting-edge analytical equipment. This means that the purity of gemstones, their sources, and any potential remedies can be checked in the most scientific and repeatable way possible.
- GRS - One of the most well-known laboratories in the colour gemstone industry, having been one of the first to use "trade" names to recognise colour in certificates. It is especially well-liked in Southeast Asia and East Asia. Dr Adolf Peretti created the lab in 1996, and all reports must be verified and signed off by him before the certificate is issued to the gem provider.
- Gubelin - Considered one of the oldest gemological laboratories, Gubelin labs has the experience in handling expensive colour gemstones, the equipment and the database to check their origin. It is regarded as one of the most prestigious and reliable laboratories available.
- GIA - GIA, the world's leading authority on diamonds, coloured gemstones, and pearls, has the experience and expertise to provide credible lab reports. It also has the most up-to-date facilities, a large database, and the necessary expertise to provide reliable origin and care reports based on scientific evidence. In the trade, however, it is still referred to as a "diamond" laboratory rather than a "colour gem" lab.
- AGS- Another prefered choice for gemstone cettification is AGS. AGS is a well respected gemstone certification provider and uses strict guidelines, their grading system is praised by most jewelers.Their color and clarity grading sacle is different than GIA, AGS uses a system of numbers and decimals instead of GIA's standard.
- GCAL - GCAl is a newcomer it came in 2001. Reports that are being provided by this firm are guaranteed to stand up against other labs. Even after not being so well known as GIA, GCAL is a trusted choice for gemstone cerrification.
- IGI - It's basically a collection of labs with locations all around the world. IGI's is among the first gemstone labs to issue grading reports for natural gemstones.
As a result, you must understand these distinctions when comparing certification from various laboratories and before accepting their grades as "reality." Anyone may request a GIA certification or study. They can do everything from checking the authenticity of a stone to a complete gemstone grading study.
What makes certified gemstone different from non-certified gemstone?
A gemstone certified by certified gem traders in the USA have their own set of advantages and sets it apart from the other non-certified gemstones.
Gems that have been accredited have been tested by an independent certifying entity and are followed by a unique identification number and certificate. For your peace of mind, some certified gems are laser engraved with the ID number. Non-certified gems have not been inspected by an independent certifying body, and a manufacturer can only guess about the accuracy of the diamond. If a retailer tells you the clarity, colour, carat weight, or cut off a non-certified stone, he or she is just providing an educated guess. Certified stones are not necessarily better than non-certified gems, but they are more likely to be higher-quality gems because the manufacturer selected them for their recorded quality. Certified gemstones are entirely natural and have not been treated.
- The features of a certified gemstone determine its price and market demand. The report will show whether the stone is gem grade, suitable for commercial use, or unsuitable for jewellery making.
- An uncertified gem does not imply that it is not genuine or suitable for use in jewellery. Gemstone jewellers and retailers often miss grading gems to sell them at low prices that are ideal for customers looking for a bargain.
- Small to mid-sized gemstone stones are often ignored for grading. Even before they are placed on the market, large and high-quality gems are rated.
- The rise of e-commerce and online jewellery stores has resulted in a significant spike in the volume of certified gems on the market. Buyers are unlikely to shop for gemstone stone that lacks grading reports.
Where to buy Gia Certified Gemstones Online ?
GIA certified gemstones are high authentic gemstones which are generally sold in countries where people prefer to buy best quality of gems. Countries such as srilanks, USA, UK are populary known for such gems.
GIA doesn't mine gemstones, nor does it buy, sell or trade them commercially.
One of the main functions of GIA is grading gems and diamonds. And this grading is done on the basis of 4C's of gemstones- color, clarity, cut and carat. GIA created this standard, along with some scientific procedures for evaluating each "C".
In order to buy gia certified gemstones online first you must research the countries which sells original quality of gems. Next prefer to buy from trusted jewelley stores only.
Iris Gems is one of the well known online gemstone delivery store, its selling high quality of gems since its inception. And If you are also looking to buy SSEF certified Gemstones Online then its one of the most trusted online shopiify store to make the purchases.
Where to buy SSEF Certified Gemstones Online in the USA?
SSEF is a leader in coloured gemstones, diamonds and pearls. It's basically founded to provide the finest quality of gems to customers, jewellers and wholesale dealers.
The basic function of SSEF is to analyse precious and semi-precious stones and issue test reports. It was recognised in 1978 by the World Jewellery Confederation (CIBJO).
Iris Gems is an online dealer of SSEF certified gemstones online, stones that are being sold are of valued and high-quality stones.
Apart from Iris gems also deals in SSEF, GIA, GRS, AGL and Gubelin certified gemstones.
Gemstones that are sold at here are natural, AAA grade, genuine mineral stones that are highly valued for their beauty and rarity.
Explore more - The importance of SSEF Certified Gemstones.
What is the major difference between certified and non certified Precious Gemstones?
Certified gems are those gems which are evaluated by an independent agency such as GRS. And they are accompanied by a unique identification number and certificate. Some certified gems are laser inscribed with the ID number they are only for your inner peace.
If we talk about noncertified gems, then first of all they are not certified by an independent certifying agency, and a retailer only tries to convince the quality of the gem. Retailers generally share their guess by providing us gems, clarity, color, carat weight, cut off a non-certified stone, etc.
Certified gems are not only a proof of purity but they are also the purest form of gems. Many a time, certified gemstones are completely natural and have not undergone any treatment. Thus make sure to buy certified gemstones from a trusted jeweler or dealer only.
What should one prefer, certified or non-buy certified gemstones?
Before purchasing a non-certified gem, there are a few factors to remember. First foremost, if you want to buy a non-certified gem, it will most likely be less expensive than a certified gemstone. Why is this so? Since the cost of an accredited stone includes the certification cost, certain gemological laboratories charge more than others to receive a certificate. Non-certified gems are not less valuable; a specialist has not stamped them. If you're on a tight budget, a non-certified gem might be a good choice if you're confident you're getting the quality of gemstone you want. The majority of the gems you find will be accredited, but by whom is unknown. Many people would purchase a certified gemstone for peace of mind and evidence that the stone has been professionally examined. Some are considered to be more consistent and rigorous in their grading than others, which indicates you may pay more for certain gems, and they may also be more reliable grades.
The certificate must be given by a legitimate third-party entity that is not affiliated with the seller. Look for reports issued by like GIA, Gubelin, SSEF, AGL and GRS. GIA (Gemological Institute of America) and AGS (American Gem Society) are two very well independent gemological labs (American Gem Society). Both GIA and AGS are headquartered in the United States. Since the GIA established the standard for gemstone grading, they are a little more stringent. AGS is also noted for maintaining consistency with their grading.
What makes certified gemstones different from treated and synthetic gemstones?
Certified gemstones are those gemstones which are tested by reputed labs such as Gubelin, GRS, and more. These labs analyze the gems very thoroughly and generate stones reports and then reports are shared with buyers, dealers or wholesalers.
Whereas treated gemstones are altered by human beings, beyond cutting and polishing they undergo some other treatments such as oiling and heating.
Synthetic gemstone is same as natural gem (in terms of physical, chemical and optical properties). But this gemstone is also made by humans in labs. For eg. there are synthetic versions of rubies, blue sapphires and diamonds.
Why certified gemstone traders in the USA prefer GIA-certified gemstones?
GIA certified gemstone is different from the other grading labs in the US because-
- When a gemstone is accompanied by a GIA certificate, you can receive detailed information about all of its essential characteristics, such as cut, transparency, colour, and carat weight. This ensures you can be sure that none of the gemstone's details about the gemstone is incorrect.
- The GIA conducts transparent and impartial quality evaluations. The report will compare one GIA-graded gemstone to another and provide information on the various options available. You can then apply this information to choose something that provides the best possible price.
- If you've ever been concerned about obtaining a fake or similar product, the GIA certificate will put your mind at ease. The institute's report will state whether or not a gem has received any treatment. This is a crucial piece of knowledge for most customers, and it also determines the final cost of the jewellery.
- The GIA's grading levels are well-known to be highly strict. Its robust assessment process is regarded as the gold standard by which all others are evaluated. So, when you buy GIA-certified gemstone jewellery, you can be confident that you're giving a decent quality object.
Other notified lab-certified gemstones include Gubelin, SSEF, GRS and AGL. the certified gemstone traders in the USA also consider certification from these labs in order to be completely sure of the quality of the gemstones.
- Gubelin- It has a reputation as being one of the oldest. Has a database to compare and assess the origin of a gemstone using the most up-to-date gemological equipment. Devoted to the study of gemology, so personnel and studies are kept up to date.
- Swiss gemologist Institute (SSEF) - Has a long history of being one of the most accurate laboratories in the world. Also, ensure that the lab graders are impartial by ensuring that they have no interaction with the gemstone supplier and/or are not in a position of ‘conflict of interest.' Has a respected gemological institute that requires them to stay current on new treatments or mine sources in order to educate new gemologists. Colour, colour hue and saturation levels are all two-dimensional parameters, making them more common among traders and consumers in the colour gemstone industry. Using the most up-to-date gemological equipment to assess a gemstone's handling and ethnic background.
- GRS - One of the first laboratories to use trade names like "pigeon's blood" or "royal blue" to distinguish colours. This aided the trade by allowing people who didn't understand colour to exchange gemstones based on the certificate. It also specifies whether the colour is ‘vivid' or ‘normal,' which aids in determining saturation levels. The lab also offers an origin view, which aids traders and end-users in determining value.
- American gemological laboratories (AGL) - AGL was the first gemological laboratory in the United States to issue country-of-origin records, making it a leader in the coloured gemstone industry. The Laboratory uses cutting-edge technology and applies both traditional gemological and advanced scientific methods to any decision it produces.
Should one purchase a non-certified gemstone?
As a consumer, certification is essential because it offers an objective assurance of a gemstone’s quality. You'll never know what you're getting if you don't have a certificate. If a gemstone is not accredited, the vendor is your only source of knowledge about its consistency. If the seller overestimates the quality of an uncertified gem, you can probably have to pay too much for a stone that would be priced lower if it were certified.
GIA Certified Gemstones Online Seller's: What Makes Them Different?
If you are someone who loves gemstones and their jewellery there are a good chance you have heard of GIA and GIA certified Gemstones Online sellers. Headquartered in California, is the sole authority expertise in grading and all things related to gems.
But what actually makes these gemstones different from others? Let's find out...
Gemstones which are certified by GIA they are very precisely detailed about all the important features, such as colour, clarity, carat, and cut. This means GIA assures that this particular gemstone has no discrepancy.
Reports which are generated by GIA are unbiased and allow you to compare One GIA graded gemstone with another. You can use this report knowledge to pick something more suitable that offers you the best value.
Grading issued by GIA is extremely stringent. Its high benchmark standards are worth it so that you can purchase high-quality gemstones.
Gemstones that are of high quality and are certified by GIA are the finest and best quality gemstones. And at Iris Gems, you get exactly the same we are known for!
9 Things to Know Before Buy Certified Gemstone or Loose Gemstones Online
Gems should always be buy from a certified seller. Buying a Certified Gemstone always keep you satisfied and ensure a true investment. Following things will help to choose the perfect gemstone for you.
In Gemology, the Mohs scale is used to measure the hardness of a stone- this scale assigns minerals a value between 1 to 10.
Gems with a hardness value of 1-2 fall under (soft) gems whereas stones in the range of 3-5 are medium-hard.
Gems over a rating of 6 are considered hard gemstones and are perfect for jewellery making.
Soften stones need to be worn and store carefully and need to publish from time to time to maintain their lustre.
Quick Look Over Gemstones 4 C's
1 Carat- It's the weight of a gemstone. The price of a 1-carat gemstone can vary widely based upon clarity, colour and cut.
- Colour - Gemstones come in vivid colours. Gems which are neither reflects too much colour nor too much transparency are the real gems.
- Clarity- Gemstones are nature-made. A gemstone clarity grade indicates the absence of inclusions, fractures and blemishes that affect its appearance.
- Cut- Cut is the important factor in determing a gemstone's value.
Weight of Gemstones
Precious stones, semi-precious stones, gemstones, gems or jewels are also priced on the basis of their weight.
It's very easy, the heavier the stone the more its price. The weight of gems is measure in carat's which has no relation with carts of gold.
One more thing to note- Sometimes A two-carat stone doesn't cost twice one-carat stone because prices keep on falling and increasing.
CUT of Gemstones
Years ago, gems were worn in without cutting, after some time lapidaries started to polish their natural faces which increased the brightness.
Gems cut affects their beauty. Gems are generally cut into Oval shape, Cushion, Fancy, Square.
Certification Of Gems
When we buy high priced goods we ask for papers or documents the same thing is applicable for gemstones.
But here gemstone dealer didn't certify a gemstone, we may insist on certification. Thus make sure to buy certified gemstone only- if you are buying for investment, astrological properties.
Treatments to Gemstones
Gemologists or jewellers are treating gems from centring and improving the gems day by day. Gemstones are treated to improve colour, clarity, hardness and beauty of stones.
Emeralds are usually treated to enhance their beauty. Everyone knows this fact and accepts it due to the presence of fractures and fissures in the stone that are refilled to get a nicer gem.
Buy Iris Gemstones Online - Best Gems Traders in USA
Iris gems are one of the best gems traders in USA, where you can buy a variety of gems for jewellery, wholesale and for any other specific purpose.
Gemstones are sold at a reasonable price with Gubelin, SSEF, GIA, AGL certificates.
If you didn't find a satisfying collection you may also return the gems, we have a 30-day return policy, wherein you may return the gems within the first 30 days of shipment.
All our gemstones are natural, AAA grade, and authentic mineral stones that are highly valued and known for their beauty and rarity. We never compromise on quality and authenticity.
Now Get 15% Off on Iris Gems Most Popular Yellow- Greenish- Gia Certified Gemstones Online Purchase: Hurry Up Offer Ends SOON !!
Buy Iris Gems most beautiful green semi-precious gia certified gemstones online at a 15% discount rate.
Pick from the top sellers.
1. Yellow Sapphire
Sapphire comes in a wide range of colours, from light to intense yellow. When it comes to coloured gemstones, sapphires are the most durable gemstones as compared to their counterparts - most of the gems are too soft to be worn daily.
If you are looking to buy something affordable, don't take me wrong, sapphires are the most affordable gemstones to buy.
2. Yellow Topaz
People love to buy gemstones that come from Brazillian, Australian and Mexico markets. Compared to blue and white topaz, yellow topaz is not funded in abundance, and thus some in markets it is highly-priced.
This soothing coloured gemstone is mostly used in pendants, rings, necklaces.
3. Yellow Citrine
Citrine is one of the most popular yellow green. To buy this citrine gemstone which comes with gia certified gemstone online option click on the below given click here option. People tend to buy as it generally has high in quality with a hardness of 7 on the Mohs scale.
Due to its colour citrine and symbol of positivity, happiness, and crystal healer, is it also the most attractive yellow gemstone. Click here to explored the newly added collection of citrine gemstones
4. Yellow Opal
Opals are best known for their beautiful milky white or darker body tones. Fine opals are generally transparent with dominant red, yellow and orange tones.
Of these three, yellow opal is the most affordable. Click on the given link to explore our newly added yellow greenish gia certified gemstones online collection.
If you have extensive experience in gemstone grading and are confident in your ability to determine the quality of a stone, then only you should look for uncertified gems. Otherwise, it is best to purchase gems that come with a grading study. This will prevent the vendor from misrepresenting the stone's consistency. Furthermore, such a certificate will make it easier to analyses the prices of other gems with the same features and determine if the price requested is too high compared to market values.
Hope our blog on how to buy certified gemstone will help you in investing a genuine and lab certified gemstones.
Why is certification of Gemstones is important?
In today's competitive world, as brands authenticity and credibility matters the most, so does certified gemstone. Secondly, buyers want to take an informed and confident decision before investing in gemstones and thus don't forget to ask sellers for a valid gemstone certification.
How to identify fake gemstone certifications?
With a plethora of gemstone labs flourishing in recent years, it is very important to go for a valid certification. You will be surprised to know that there are multiple laboratories, which smartly issues a fake certificate to the vendor at a very low price.
But such a certificate is not a valid certificate as this is created to mislead the buyers.
What is a gemstone treatment?
This is a process that is done to make a gemstone look more attractive. Further not every gem testing laboratory mentions the treatment certification but at Irisgems.com we offer certificates that clearly mention in case any enhancement or treatment has been done to the gemstone.
How to Identify Real Gemstones?
Whether a gem is real or fake is identified on the basis of certain parameters. These include- examing the gemstone properties such as colour, shape, chemical compositions and treatment details if any. After analyzing all these a report is generated which includes gemstones colour, weight, carat, inclusio, treatments, shape, dimesions, clarity etc, and then the clarifying authority issues a certificate.
What is Gemstone Clarity Indicators?
The major indicators of gemstone clarity are its cut, colour, carat, weight clarity, fluorescence and treatments.
So, are you planning to buy certified gemstone online in the USA?
Well, the first and foremost thing to consider when to buy certified gemstones is to ask for a copy of the certification. This will help in knowing the authenticity of a gemstone or this certification will clarify other doubts such as whether it has been examined genuinely at a reputed laboratory or not.
How to identify a certified gemstone on your own?
With naked eyes, it's not possible to identify whether a gemstone is certified or not? However, to test a gemstone authenticity, submit the testing certificate number on the certified issued gem testing laboratory's website.
If you find the exact details on the laboratory's website, then it is a certified gemstone, and the certificate is also issued by that particular laboratory.