Smoky quartz is a kind of crystalline quartz that comes in a range of colours. It ranges in colour from a bright yellowish-brown to a dark brown that seems black. Greyish brown is the hue of the less attractive specimens. However, many individuals love stones that are orangish brown to reddish-brown in hue when carved as gems.
Smoky quartz gemstone is a low-cost gem since it is plentiful, can be found in a variety of areas, and its brown hue is not currently in great demand. It is frequently found in big crystals with a high degree of clarity and minimal inclusions. Natural radiation released from the surrounding rock triggers colour centres around aluminium impurities inside the crystalline quartz, giving it its smokey hue. Amethyst is formed similarly, with colour centres surrounding iron impurities activating.
History of smoky quartz gemstone
Smoky Quartz is Scotland's national jewel, and the country has the stone's oldest history with it. The Celts, who first settled the British Isles circa 300 B.C., mined brownish-grey Quartz in the Scottish highlands' Cairngorm Mountains, naming the dark brown to black crystals Morion and the yellow-brown to greyish-brown crystals Cairngorm after the mountains where they are located.
These stones were popular Highlander ornamentation in the form of jewellery, shoulder brooches, kilt pins, and power stones on weaponry, handles, particularly the Scottish dagger Sgian Dubh, a "sock knife" that is still part of a traditional kilted dress uniform.
Varieties of smoky quartz gemstone
Smoky Quartz comes in various colours and styles, but they all have one thing in common: they're all a derivation of Clear Quartz's purity and strength.
- The combination of Smoky Quartz and Citrine creates a stone that is positively charged. Smoky Citrine is a wonderful stone for assisting you in moving forward in life and leaving non-serving situations behind to explore fresh pastures.
- Smoky Amethyst is a marriage made in heaven. This quartz crystal is for people who wish to maintain one foot firmly on the ground as their minds rise to more incredible views. Use Smoky Amethyst to release old attachments and fine-tune your spiritual chakras while maintaining the strength of your lower chakras.
- The beautiful Brandberg Smoky Quartz comprises the holy trinity of amethyst, smoky, and pure quartz. This is one of the most ethereal and spiritual types of Smoky Quartz, said to attune to pure awareness and link you with the divine essence.
- The Cairngorm style of Smoky Quartz hails from the ancient Scottish highlands, and it's all about bringing a golden slant of sunlight to the gloomy sky. The Cairngorm quartz will keep you warm at heart, whether you're tiptoeing through dark moments or investigating the darkest side of your spirit.
- This extraordinarily uncommon and black form of Smoky Quartz is a powerful detoxifier that is always ready to assist your heart and mind recover from trauma. It also helps to improve motivation and positivity, guaranteeing that you are dedicated to and capable of completing the work at hand.
Smoky quartz gemstone- the zodiac birthstone of Scorpios
For individuals born under the signs of Scorpio, Sagittarius, or Capricorn, Smoky Quartz gemstone is an excellent match. Scorpio is the zodiac sign that appears as the days begin to shorten, and the barrier between realms appears to be the thinnest. Scorpios are one of the more dark and enigmatic star signs, and they are well matched.
Smoky Quartz assists by providing its purifying energy to chase away negativity's darker aspect. It propels Scorpios onward into the light and provides them with the grounded energy they require to face the day.
Healing properties of smoky quartz
Smokey Quartz is a wonderful stone for grounding. It softly neutralises bad vibrations and purifies on all levels, aiding digestion and guarding against radiation and electromagnetic pollution. Fear is dispelled by Smokey Quartz, which also removes despair and negativity. It relieves tension and anxiety by bringing emotional tranquilly. Suicidal inclinations are reduced by encouraging positive ideas and actions. Manifests your dreams and removes nightmares. In addition, Smokey Quartz helps with focus and communication issues.
Uses of smoky quartz gemstone
Faceted or cut into beads and cabochons, smoky quartz is a popular choice. These stones are frequently utilised in rings, pendants, necklaces, earrings, and brooches for those who prefer a yellowish-brown to brown tint. Men's rings and cufflinks often use smoked quartz with a dark brown hue. Dark brownstones from Ireland's Mourne Mountains were frequently utilised in mourning jewellery during the Victorian era.
Smoky quartz is a popular practice material for individuals learning to facet since it is inexpensive and easy to get big chunks. It's also used a lot as a carving material. Flat chunks of smoky quartz were used to create spectacles in China as early as the 12th century. Some were worn to protect the eyes from intense light.
Buy smoky quartz gemstone from IrisGems.
Smoky Quartz is a supercharged form of the Quartz crystal family, prized for its unrivalled beauty and therapeutic powers. It is one of the most famous jewellery gemstones that can be purchased at a reasonable price. Irisgems has an extensive range of gemstones from which our customers can pick. Discover some hidden treasures within our king-sized selection.
We've amassed an unmatched collection of rare, unique, untreated, and certified (Gubelin, SSEF, AGL, GRS, GIA) stones throughout the years. Iris has the potential to handle big, bespoke orders. We have always thrilled our clients by delivering stones on schedule and in great condition for their jewellery.